On March 14, the official SNS account of fashion magazine Vogue+ China posted a video interview with aespa member Ningning in which she revealed the items in her bag.
In an interview, NingNing revealed that she collected “souvenirs” from all over the world, including mints from American convenience stores, a purse lost and recovered at an Australian airport, cough drops bought in Japan, and so on.
Most notable, however, is that Ningning mentioned that she often carries eye drops wherever she goes, due to her poor eyesight.
“My eyesight is not very good” Ningning said, adding: “When I was a child, I had eye surgery. My right eye sees almost nothing. That’s a secret. That’s why I carry eye drops with me to prevent my eyes from drying out and protect my eyes.”
Last year, a Chinese fan revealed that Ningning had returned to China several years ago to be treated for amoebic keratitis, an eye condition, and it appears their story turned out to be true.
Currently, fans around the world are expressing how proud they are of Ningning for staying strong and maintaining her professionalism despite such a serious health condition.
Here are some comments from netizens:
- People who criticized Ningning for being “disrespectful to the fans” was because her eyes couldn’t handle the flash light. Can you apologize now?
- She was wearing sunglasses and looking down due to the harsh light, but she was condemned for it…
- Ningning is such a strong girl… She went back to China for treatment and received all kinds of criticism but never said anything
- Imagine having to practice choreography and pose for magazines when you can barely see, that’s what Ningning has to go through…
- I really admire Ningning’s professionalism, to think she’s in such a serious condition and yet delivers excellent performances on stage…