After the release of BLACKPINK’s long-awaited title track “Shut Down”, some BLINKs expressed disappointment and compared it to the quartet’s pre-release song “Pink Venom”.
BLACKPINK seems “Shut up”
On September 16, BLACKPINK finally returned to the music industry with their long-awaited second full-length album, “BORN PINK”.
Along with the studio album, the group of four also presented the title track “Shut Down”. The song, released on various music platforms, drew attention to the combination of classic and fashionable hip-hop sound, referring to Paganini’s classic piece “La Campanella”.
(Photo: BLACKPINK (News1))
READ ALSO: MV BLACKPINK “Shut Down” and “BORN PINK” officially released + Group talks about album
It is unbelievable that the piece perfectly combines two genres in one piece, especially attracting the attention of the audience with its sharp violin and heavy hip-hop rhythm.
On YouTube, “Shut Down” MV also received an overwhelming response as YG Entertainment initially suggested that the music video for the song had the highest production cost in the agency’s history.
At the time of writing, mv surpassed 8.5 million views, just an hour after its release.
BLACKPINK’s “Shut Down” gets mixed reviews
As soon as the song was unveiled, most of the BLINKs (BLACKPINK fandom) enthusiastically responded to “Shut Down” saying:
- “It fits my taste perfectly.”
- “Isn’t that the best BLACKPINK song ever?”
- “I got goosebumps from start to finish.”
- “As expected by BLACKPINK.”
- “MV is a tribute. It’s really crazy. “
However, there are also listeners who honestly admitted that he did not capture their taste in music and replied:
- “It’s kind of boring.”
- “YG’s getting tacky right now.”
- “I can’t even focus on the song because of the bad mix of classic and hip-hop sounds.”
- “I thought the classic reference would only be in the beginning, but it became repetitive throughout the song.”
BLACKPINK “Shut Down” vs. “Pink Venom”: Which is Better as a Title Track?
Among the mixed reactions due to its sound, Internet users and music fans also compared the title track “Shut Down” and the pre-release song “Pink Venom” BLACKPINK.
Several argued that “Shut Down” was better than the title track, explaining:
- “The song is refreshing and good.”
- “MV is better than Pink Venom.”
- “What’s wrong with your taste? It’s literally the best BLACKPINK song.”
Others; however, the love of “Pink Venom” and conveyed:
- “This time they did a different concept, ‘Shut Down’ just repeat the concept, nothing new.”
- “Pink Venom is so much better. Did you name “Shut Down” the title track?
(Photo: BLACKPINK (News1))
On the other hand, BLACKPINK will host a world performance in Seoul for two days from October 15-16 at Olympic Park Gymnastic Stadium in Songpa-gu, Seoul.
The quartet will also visit North America, Europe, Asia and Oceania to meet approximately 1.5 million viewers by 2023.
READ MORE: YG Entertainment announces the return of BLACKPINK on its 2022 world tour.
For more K-pop news follow and subscribe to KpopStarz.
KpopStarz is the owner of this article.
With a script by Eunice Dawson